Monday, October 19, 2009

I have been quilting, really I have. Just not much. I am making these flower blocks (design by Mary Ellen Hopkins) slowly as I sew with friends. I have about 30 flowers done, and it takes four flowers to make a block. I think I need about 30 blocks, so it is slow going. I am going to put the blocks together on point with green sashing and red cornerstones. All the flowers are different material, with the flower center being red and the leaves green. The greens are used many times but the flowers will all be unique. These are such cute little blocks.

This is our quilting club that met last Tuesday night. There were about eight people there. We all love to quilt! The group was working on a project, but I was helping someone with a previous project, so I didn't get to sew.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

The flower blocks are so nice. What a great way to use up some scraps. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt....someday!