Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I signed up to go to the Valdez Quilt Festival! I went once before and had a great time. This year I was going to have to miss it because the baby was due the exact weekend of the festival. However, losing the baby has freed up the weekend and instead of sitting home sad, I will go and have a good time with my quilty friends.

I signed up to take four classes, one each day, and a mystery class one evening.

My Whimsical Quilt Garden by Becky Goldsmith.


Machine Quilting by Sheilah Crum


Fat Quarter Cut-ups by Brenda Henning


A Stone's Throw by Brenda Clyde


Also, Ami Simms will be there. Have you ever read her book How Not to Make A Prize Winning Quilt ? It is really hilarious and worth the read. I read it as a new quilter and I wanted to be just like her! I am not taking any of her classes but I will definently meet her, she sounds like she has a great sense of humor.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Prayers for you and your husband as you heal. Enjoy Valdez--wish I was going, but someone has to hold down the fort while Pat and Brenda are there. You will enjoy Brenda's class--she is an excellent teacher!