Saturday, February 26, 2011

My MIL, Cheryl Troxel, passed away yesterday.  She was found dead, having fallen asleep in her chair, and gone on to be with Jesus.

We are heartbroken as we were finally getting her to move in with us, the move was going to happen the beginning of May.  She would have been with us for the birth of our new baby, her third grandchild. We had been asking her for years to come to Alaska with us, and she just kept saying she wasn't ready.  One time I told her that by the time she WAS ready, it would be too late.  :(

My dh Bill left last night to go to Iowa to make arrangements and conduct the services; he is a pastor.  He is Cheryl's only child, and was raised by her and her parents.  He said he feels orphaned now as all three of those important influences are now deceased.  He did not want me to travel with him as I am now in the third trimester and do have some heart issues. 

We have had a year filled with loss.  Our baby was miscarried in March, Bill's grandmother passed in April, and now his mom.  Without faith that God is good all the time, even when we don't understand, we would have had such a difficult time with all this.  As it is, we are deeply saddened by all these events but know that God is in control and everything is ok, even as we cry with broken hearts.

Cheryl was mom than a MIL to me.  She was my friend.  She introduced me to rummaging on Saturdays, pancakes as big as plates and mid-western speech patterns.  She loved me as if I were her own, and often made people confused by saying her son and daughter did something and then also saying we were married.  She loved our children with all her heart and was so proud of them.  She was looking forward to our new baby with such anticipation and excitement.  I will miss her.  I will cry over her loss.  I look forward to seeing her again, when we all get to heaven.

3 comments:

Shasta said...

I am so sorry for your loss of your mother-in-law. And how awful that you had so many losses all bunched together like that. {hugs} and prayers.

swooze said...

My condolences to you.

Gail said...

So sorry for the loss of Bill's mom. The crying will continue over the years when you feel her loss at special moments, but memories of her love will make it bittersweet.(voice of experience) May the Lord give you comfort and peace with the loss, and joy that she brightened your life until now.